Jaw-Dropping 840 HP Dodge Demon
The new Dodge Demon has been officially unveiled, stats are impressive with a ridiculous 840 horsepower, 770 lb-ft of torque; and is capable of sprinting to 60 in a mere 2.3 seconds. The Dodge Demon runs a quarter-mile time of 9.65 @ 140 mph.
With 840 horsepower, this means the Dodge Demon houses the most powerful production-V8 of all time. With 0-60 and quarter-mile time such as this, the Demon is NHRA certified as the fastest production car ever. To make those impressive power figures, the red-painted, supercharged 6.2-liter V8 Hemi has been heavily modified over the existing Hellcat model.The Demons supercharger is a 2.7-liter unit which increases its boost up to 14.5 psi, and has a redline of 6,500. It is also worth noting that the Demon has what Dodge calls the “SRT Power Chiller”, which is a system that makes use of the air conditioning unit to cool the air being funneled in through the new “Air Grabber” hood scoop. There is an after-run cooler which cools the supercharger after the car has been shut off.
The pistons and connecting rods have been upgraded to handle the increased workload. In an effort to shovel enough power into the engine, the Dodge used dual fuel pumps. As with the traditional SRT black and red key model, the Demon has three distinct horsepower ratings; 500 with the black key, 808 with the red key, and the full 840 with the red key and 100-octane fuel. The SRT team has reduced the weight by more than 200 pounds from the Demon by doing the following:
- 58 pounds-front passenger seat and belt
- 55 pounds-rear seat, restraints and floor mats
- 24 pounds-16 audio speakers, amplifier and associated wiring
- 20 pounds-trunk deck cover trim, carpeting, spare tire cover
- 19 pound-smaller, hollow sway bars
- 18 pounds-removed mastic, body deadeners, insulators and foam
- 16 pounds-lightweight all-aluminum four-piston brake caliper and smaller, 360-mm two-piece rotor 16 pounds-lightweight wheels and open-end lug nuts
- 4 pounds-manual tilt/telescope steering column
- 2 pounds-removed park sensors and module
For those with family and friends, spare seats and trunk carpeting are an optional extra for $1. Noteworthy weight-addition options include a Harman Kardon 19-speaker, 900-watt audio system, a sunroof, and heated and ventilated leather front seats with a heated steering wheel.
The post Jaw-Dropping 840 HP Dodge Demon appeared first on Miami Exotic Auto Racing.